Online Math: Applied Mathematics
Alexandre Stefanov long maintained a list of
online math texts and other materials at Geocities, but it appears
that his original web site is no longer available.
Because these resources may be of interest to our readers,
we present here a modified version of Stefanov's list as of November 18, 2009.
We welcome corrections or suggested additions to this list.
See also Math on the Web, compiled by the American Mathematical Society, for more online math resources.
- Numerical Analysis Notes, by Lucio Tavernini
- An Introduction to Multigrid Methods, by Pieter Wesseling
- Numerical Recipes, by William H.Press, Saul A. Teukolsky, William T. Vetterling, Brian P. Flannery
- Templates for the Solution of Linear Systems: Building Blocks for Iterative Methods, by Richard Barrett
- Numerical Analysis at the University of Cambridge
- Lecture Notes on Optimization, by Pravin Varaiya
- Computational geometry, mesh generation, numerical methods, by Jonathan Shewchuk
- Numerical Analysis, by Steven Elliot Pav
- Convex Optimization, by Stephen Boyd and Lieven Vandenberghe
- Derivations of Applied Mathematics, by Thaddeus H. Black (GNU Free Documentation License)
- Linear Methods of Applied Mathematics, by Evans Harrell and James Herod.
- Linear Algebra, Infinite Dimensions, and Maple, by James Herod
- generatingfunctionology, by Herbert Wilf
- Algorithms and Complexity, by Herbert S. Wilf
- A=B, by Marko Petkovsek, Herbert Wilf, and Doron Zeilberger
- Applied Math Textbook, by Sean Mauch beta version (unfinished)
- Mathematical Tools for Physics, by James Nearing
- Applied Mathematics, by Peter J. Olver and Chehrzad Shakiban
- Surveys in Combinatorics
- Complexity Theory, by Oded Goldreich
- Papers on Combinatorial Enumeration and Asymptotics, by Andrew Odlyzko
- Hyperplane Arrangements, by Richard Stanley
- Introduction to Statistical Signal Processing, by R.M. Gray and L.D. Davisson